Read more at Newsweek
Chinese diplomats have drawn extra attention to the ongoing rescue work at the site of a fatal hotel collapse in eastern China on Monday, after having taken to Twitter to ridicule U.S. efforts in Florida less than one week ago.
Authorities in the city of Suzhou, in coastal Jiangsu province, said more than 600 people were taking part in the search for survivors at Siji Kaiyuan Hotel, where nine people remain missing in the ruins of an adjoining three-story building.
At a press conference on Tuesday, provincial officials said 14 of 23 victims had been recovered from the rubble as of 7 a.m. local time. Eight were confirmed dead, five were hospitalized, and one was sent home.